Plant Medicinal Research Center
- As Plant Medicinal Research Center (PMRC) was getting starting in 2008 at Chonbuk National University, PMRC is a diagnostic center specializing in the identification of plant diseases, plant health issues, and insect related problems. The Clinic offers a broad spectrum of testing for residential and commercial clients in Chonbuk as well as across Republic of Korea to identify pests and biotic/abiotic related plant health issues. Experienced diagnosticians collaborate with a variety of expertise in plant pathology, entomology, horticulture, forest, and other related science. Furthermore PMRC provides educational materials to be able to understand the problem and appropriate recommendations of their control. The center operates throughout the year to provide diagnoses plant samples with problems caused by fungi, bacteria, viruses, nematodes, pests and mites, as well as nonpathogenic agents to ordinary people, consultants, and commercial producers. PMRC has undertaken the following two responsibilities concerning the plant pathogens important to our agriculture:
- PMRC employ traditional diagnostic techniques as well as modern technologies to diagnose diseases of crops being grown in Chonbuk as well as Republic of Korea. To get more information about the services provided by PMRC, please contact at (063) 270-2611.
- The Experimental Research Farm was established in 1952 based on the Article 11 of the Decree on the Establishment of National Schools and the Article 15 of Chonbuk National University Regulations. Located on the Jeonju campus of Chonbuk National University, the Experimental Farm supports practices, experiments and research on subjects including Crop Production, Rice Science, Upland Crops, Industrial Crops, Plant Breeding, Plant Genetics, Plant Physiology, Vegetable Science, Floriculture, and Pomiculture etc. by students and faculty members. Facilities including experimental fields, modern glasshouses are also used to develop locally-adaptable new technologies and crop varieties. Rice paddy field over 77,000 m2 in area located at Bakgu, Gimje-city, is used for on-farm production practices and agricultural management research.
- Supports students' field experiments
- Supports students' practical education on agricultural technology
- Supports faculty members and graduate students with research projects
- Assists to preserve and utilize genetic materials
- Provides extension services to local community
|Division||Director||Crop||Horticulture||Agricultural products processing||Management||Remarks|
|Name||J.A. Ko, Prof.||N.J. Chung, Prof.||D.K. Choi, Prof.||Y.S. Kim, Prof.||Not appointed|
|Class||Agricultural clerical staff||Technician (Agriculture & Forestry)||School supporting staff||Contract staff||Remarks|
|Name||J.C. Kim||J.H. Kook D.I. Jang||H.S. Chung||O.S. Kim||D.I. Jang is dispatched at Agricultural Products Processing Center|